To successfully link your AFAS administration(s) to Blue10, you must perform several steps in AFAS and Blue10. First of all, we ensure that the settings in AFAS are correct for each administration. Then we create a company in Blue10 per administration.
We have divided the steps in three parts:
Part 1: Setting up user rights in AFAS
Part 2: Setting up the App Connector
Part 3: Creating a new company in Blue10
Part 1: Settings in user rights in AFAS
Before you can connect, some settings have to be completed in AFAS. The connection between Blue10 and AFAS is set up using a token under a user account.
Please note that the token is generated by a user with the following permissions:
Rights to process incoming invoices in the relevant administration; Access rights to the master data of the relevant administration. Is this user a member of one (or more) group(s)? Then these groups must have the above rights as well.
In addition, the same user must have sufficient rights to generate User tokens. Follow the roadmap to assign these rights:
- In AFAS, go to General > Management > Authorisation
- On the Maintain Users tab, select the user under which you want to create the link between Blue10 and AFAS.
- Check on the tab Member of Group, which groups this user belongs to. And remember this for step 5 of the settings in user rights and step 4 when setting up the App connector.
- Go to the Authorisation tab. Under General > Manage > App connector > Tabs and set the right to all the tabs from App connector.
- Is the user a member of multiple groups? If so, check the same thing at Maintain groups.
1. Open the group where the user is a member and under which you want the Connector to run.
2. Open the Authorisation tab. Under General > Management > App connector > Tabs, all items should again be set to Maintain.
- Choose Yes if you are asked to reopen the environment.
- Continue with the step-by-step plan from Part 2.
Part 2: Setting up the App Connector
Via the app connector, Blue10 can connect with AFAS. To be able to connect specific Getconnectors need to be imported.
Follow the steps to set up the app connector:
- Save the Getconnector files on your computer. Extract the files.
- Go to AFAS > General > Output > Settings > Getconnector.
- Click on Import > Choose file > Select file.
For example: Select Getconnectoren Blue10CostCenters (dimension 1) and Blue10CostCarriers (dimension 2) and delete the dimensions if you don’t work with it. The other Getconnectors are mandatory.
- Click on Complete
Next, we set up the App connector that will be used by Blue10 to read master data and make financial entries. To set up the App Connector, go to:
- AFAS > General > Settings > Appconnector.
- Click on New.
- Enter the name in the description field. At step 3 of part 1, you checked which groups that user belongs to. At step 5 of part 1, you checked which group has sufficient Authorisation rights. Choose a user group to which the user belongs and which also has Maintenance rights on the App connector.
- Click on Complete.
- You will see a new screen. Uncheck this box.
- Go to the Getconnector tab in the left column:
1. Click on New
2. Search in the Selectionwizard for Blue10
3. Check all the boxes of the Blue10 Getconnectors
- Click on Complete. The Getconnectors are now visible in the app connector for the Blue10 connection.
- Click on the tab UpdateConnectors in the left column:
- Click on New.
- Add the following UpdateConnectors by checking the following ID’s and click on Complete:
The Updateconnectoren are now visible in the App Connector.
9. Click on the tab User tokens and follow the next steps:
- Click on New
- Choose a user that has rights in this environment and enter a description
- Click on Next. You will see the following screen
10. A token will be generated. Copy the code that you see between <data> and </data> and paste this to Blue10. Make sure to save the Token, you will not see the token in AFAS again. Click on Complete when you are ready.
11. Resume to part 2 when all settings are correct in AFAS.
Deel 3: Create a company in Blue10
To be able to create a financial entry in Blue10 and post invoices, you need to connect Blue10 to AFAS. In Blue10 you can create a company to link Blue10 to the relevant administration in AFAS. Your suppliers, and all masterdata will be retrieved from AFAS so you can use them in Blue10.
Follow our steps to create a company in Blue10:
- Go to Settings> Companies and click on New Company
- Enter the name or abbreviation of your administration in the field Blue10 Company Display Name. Every user in Blue10 will see this name or abbreviation.
- Choose your accounting system: AFAS
- Click Save and Close
Check the following settings:
- Administrationcode: Fill the code of the administration as given in AFAS. Standard, it is the code in the last column in the administration screen.
- API-token: Fill the API token generated for the Blue10 connection. After inserting the token, these will be changed to 15 dots, this is correct.
- Member nummer: Fill your AFAS member number. This consists of 5 numbers visible in the header of the AFAS window. Only fill the numbers, not the letters in front or after the member number.
- Export pdf to AFAS: The PDF can be attached to the invoice in AFAS. Set to Yes if you would like the PDF of the invoice with the booking in AFAS..
- Purchase journal: Fill the purchase journal number the purchase invoices should be posted in.
- Default GL account: The GL account on with the VAT amount will be booked, will be taken from the VAT code that is used. Fill this field with the GL account you would like the VAT amounts posted on for the VAT codes that have no standard GL account given.
- Codeer op cost centre / cost unit: AFAS has multiple dimensions. Blue10 connects dimension and dimension 2.
1. Dimension 1 to YES to code on cost centre
2. Dimension 2 to YES to code on cost unit
8. Click on Save.
9. Open the administration once again and click on Update all suppliers and Update all Masterdata to sync all data from AFAS.
More business settings
With the rest of the settings, you have the option to make the further connection between Blue10 and the accounting system. For example, specify whether VAT should be settled and whether you work with a logistics package. Click one of the tabs below to learn more about the settings.
Note: The settings between Blue10 and the accounting system should always match.