By coding on articles and quantities in Blue10, you can update the stock and post a direct purchase invoice without creating an order and receipt in Exact Online.
Activate the functionality in Blue10
Follow these steps to add the two extra coding fields to be able to post a direct purchase invoice without creating an order and receipt in Exact Online.
- Go to Settings and select Companies
- Select the Administration
- Click on Properties
- Select YES in the field: Code on Articles
- Select YES in the field: Code quantities
- Click Save and Close.
Please note: Make sure to enter the number of the journal for logistic invoices if this journal number differs from the journal number of the financial invoices.
Process a direct purchase invoice
Follow this step-by-step plan to process a direct purchase invoice in Blue10:
- Check all header data of the invoice in the step Validate
- Scroll down to see the invoice lines. Enter the article and the quantity. Make sure to also enter the warehouse number if you assign items in your warehouse in Exact Online.
Please note: Blue10 always selects a ledger account. However, Exact Online does not have a ledger account for purchase invoices. Therefore Blue10 selects the standard ledger account. This ledger account will not be synced to Exact Online. The entry will be matched to the article in Exact Online.
- After validating, the invoice is processed the same as all other financial entries. The invoice will be posted as a direct purchase invoice in Exact Online when, and after you have entered an article on the invoice line.
Charging project costs
In Exact Online you can choose whether you want to charge costs for a specific project and link the project to a cost centre. In Blue10 you have the option to process these different types of costs.
Charging costs for projects varies per project type:
- Project Type with Fixed Price: It is mandatory to choose a cost centre. You have the option to charge costs for this type of project. It is not possible to charge a fixed price project without a designated cost centre.
- Project types Post-Calculation or Prepaid: Both choosing a cost centre and charging costs for this type of project is optional.
- Project type Not Billable: It is not possible to charge costs for these type of projects.
Please note: It is not yet possible to post a direct purchase invoice as a credit in combination with projects in Exact Online.