At Blue10 we take a step forward every day, also in our software. In the release notes you will find an overview of all new functionalities and changes in Blue10. We will keep you informed of the developments every month.
- Changes to Booking Details on Document Detail Page
Two changes have been made on the Document Detail Page:
- Blue10 now shows the payment condition and period under the Booking Details heading (only if the accounting system supports this data).
- When an invoice has not yet been posted, the posting details can still be changed. We have changed the color of the Edit button. If the coding is not yet closing, the button colors orange. When the coding is conclusive, the button now colors green.
No updates available
- Processing sales invoices with Blue10
In addition to processing purchase invoices, it’s now also possible to process sales invoices in Blue10 in combination with AccountView. The processing of sales invoices is largely the same as processing purchase invoices (except approval).
- Three new dimensions available on coding/booked invoice lines
With dimensions in Blue10, it’s possible during validation/coding to further specify costs on specialisations set in the accounting system. Via Settings > Companies, under Coding information, it’s possible to make use of the newly added dimensions 3, 4 and 5. By changing the setting to Yes, Blue10 shows the dimension in the coding lines in the validation screen and in the Invoice coding pop-up on the Document Detail page: Purchase. Want to know more about activating the functionality? Read more here.
- Booking on deferred costs (transitory booking)
Transitory booking makes it possible to allocate costs over periods to which they relate. To use this functionality, this option must be activated via Settings > Companies. Want to know more about activating the functionality? Read more here.
- Field Period is visible by default in the validation screen
Via Settings > Companies it was possible per administration to activate the setting Code by period so that the period is visible in the validation screen. From now on, Blue10 shows the period based on the invoice date by default. In the dropdown menu, it’s only to select the open periods.
- Unit of measure on posting lines in Netsuite on purchase invoice that’s linked to a purchase order
In Blue10’s validation screen, it’s possible to sync an order and associated receipt lines from Netsuite. On the coding lines was the field Unit visible. In Blue10, this field was only shown, but the value of this field was not booked in Netsuite. Netsuite therefore filled the unit of the item in the booking by default. From now on, Blue10 books the unit of the order on the booking lines in Netsuite.
- In the first week of November, Microsoft shared a Security Advisory about a vulnerability in the System.Data.SqlClient and Microsoft.Data.SqlClient libraries. We use these libraries and that’s why we followed Microsoft’s advice. We found out that Blue10 was not affected by this security vulnerability. So this also means for you as a customer that this security vulnerability has no impact.
Read more about Microsoft’s announcement here.
- Connection with Exact Globe+ available
Exact is rolling out the updated version of Exact Globe+ in phases. As of now, the link between Exact Globe+ and Blue10 is available. When you have switched to Exact Globe+, the connection can be converted in Blue10 by a user with admin rights.
No updates available
- Small change in downloading reports in the Settings
Via Settings > Reports it is possible to get various (Excel) reports from Blue10. Previously, after downloading a report, the Excel file became available at the bottom of the screen. From now on it’s possible to download a requested report in the overview Generated reports. In this overview, the requested reports remain available for 30 days.
- Addition in the Status field in the Suggested Routes and Autoroutes overviews
The Status field indicates whether the route is active or inactive. The orange exclamation mark has been added as ‘Error’ status. You will see an orange exclamation mark when the route contains invalid values.
- Blue10 didn’t show, after the first page of a document, the correct page(s) on the Document detail page: Purchasing
On the Document detail page: Purchasing, the correct image was shown on the first page, but not on the following pages. The bug is fixed so that Blue10 shows the correct images of all pages.
No updates available
- Change to the Overview of Suggested- and Autoroutes in the Settings
We have made a change in the new interface where all active routes are shown in the overview, along with routes that are linked to a deleted user. Previously, only routes of active/ existing users were shown. After opening a route, Blue10 shows a message with more information about the route.
- Automatic recalculation of coding rules is applied after changing VAT amount by validate document
In the validation screen it was possible to adjust the VAT amount in the coding lines, but the amounts in the gross or net field in the coding lines could not be changed. This created a discrepancy that resulted in the coding rules not being conclusive. This bug has been fixed by an automatic recalculation when the VAT amount in the coding line is adjusted.
- Some documents appeared twice in the validation screen
It was possible to save a document multiple times in the Document Splitter. This resulted in documents appearing twice in the validation screen. Some documents didn’t show an image. This bug has been fixed. It’s no longer possible to save documents double in the splitter, so that no documents end up in the validation screen twice.
Finance & Operations
- Add PDF file to entry in Finance & Operations
It is possible to add the PDF file of the purchase invoice from Blue10 to the posted purchase invoice in Finance & Operations. To make use of this functionality, it is necessary to go through a number of steps in Finance & Operations and Blue10. Want to know more? Read more in this article (Dutch).
- It is possible to return to the Document overview: Purchase from the Document detail page: Purchase again by clicking on the icon and the heading Document detail page: Purchase at the top left of the screen.
- When performing an action on the last invoice from your To-do list, the invoice remained visible in your screen and after performing the action a second time, the error message “This document has been modified by another user after loading” was shown. However, the action was executed. This has been fixed so that after performing the action on the last invoice, the Document overview: Purchase opens again.
- When an action was performed after coding an invoice on the Document detail page: Purchase, the error message “This document has been modified by another user after loading” was shown. However, the action was executed. This has been fixed so that after performing the action the next invoice is shown in the To-do list.
- Via Import > Batch overview it is possible again to open the original e-mail when importing by e-mail. The Open Original Email button is visible again.
- Due to a bug it was not possible to select a group to send a confidential invoice to. This is possible again.
- In the purchase order dialog box, it is possible to look up a purchase order. In some cases, not all active purchase orders were shown after performing a search. Blue10 now shows all active purchase orders that match the search query.
- For users, who work with a manual link between Blue10 and the accounting system, it is again possible to create a new supplier.
- In the validation screen, Blue10 shows the correct purchase order again based on recognized supplier and purchase order number.
- In the Document Overview: Purchase was temporarily displayed in the Not with the logged-in user (and group if applicable) field at the top of the drop-down menu. The filtering has been adjusted so that the logged-in user is back at the top and the other users below are shown in alphabetical order.
- Saving an invoice with a newly created supplier in Blue10 no longer gives an error message
Due to a bug in the synchronization between Blue10 and Business Central, after creating a supplier in Blue10 and saving the entry in Business Central, the error message ”String cannot be of zero length Parameter name: oldValue” was displayed. The bug has been fixed, invoices with a newly created supplier from Blue10 are saved again.
- New options for searching contracts
In the Contracts – All overview, a search field has been added. You can search for contracts by contract name, category, vendor and content of the contract. The option to Filter and Sort has also been added to make it easier to find a contract in the Contract overview. Want to know more? Read more here (Dutch)
- Add notes to a contract
On the page Contract Details, it is possible to add notes on a contract in a text field. Want to know more? Read more here (Dutch).
- Change in general ledger account on invoice that is linked with a purchase order
It is possible to modify the general ledger account on the coding lines when the invoice is linked with a purchase order again.
- Payment condition and standard VAT code are saved when creating a new supplier
When creating a new supplier in Blue10, the Payment condition and Standard VAT code fields are now saved to Netsuite.
- Change in display of invoice and packing slip on Document overview: Purchase
On the Document overview: Purchase on the tab Packing slip, the image of the purchase invoice and the image of the packing slip are now visible side by side via the button Link Packing Slip.
- Functionality ‘Invoices/goods to be received per Article’ is now supported
If you use the setting ‘Invoices/goods to be received per Article’ in Exact Globe, from now on, after selecting a purchase order in the Verify screen of Blue10, the general ledger that is set to the Article group of the Article in Exact Globe will be filled. Want to know more? Read more here.
- Blue10 now synchronizes the general ledger account of the debtor card in Unit4
If the general ledger is filled on the debtor card at the ‘Booking Costs’ in Unit4, it will now be entered by default on the invoice lines when selecting the supplier in the Verify screen.
- A number of scenarios related to the recording of VAT have been solved:
- In some scenarios, it was not possible to adjust the amount in the Gross Amound field when using vat included. This is possible again.
- In the case of a non-VAT-registered administration, the total amount is filled in the field Gross amount on the invoice lines in the validation screen.
- In the case of a non-VAT-registered administration, after adjusting the total amount in the header data of the invoice, the change was not processed on the invoice lines. This has now been resolved.
- For customers who work with Unit 4, all VAT scenarios are recognized and filled in the header data.
- Notification of mandatory fields in invoice lines for differentiations
It was possible to save an invoice in the Verify screen without the mandatory fields regarding differentiations being entered. Blue10 only showed an error message when trying to save the invoice. From now on, Blue10 will show an error message before saving.
No updates available.
No updates available.
No updates available.
- We have made an adjustment to the lay-out of all screens. Less blue is being used.
- Via Settings > Users it is again possible to create a new group.
- On smaller screens, some fields on the Document Overview: Purchase were not visible. We have added a scroll bar on the bottom of the page. This way, regardless of screen size, all fields are shown.
- It is again possible to navigate with hotkeys in the coding lines when validating invoices.
No updates available.
No updates available.
- Re-establish the connection between Blue10 & Business Central
Your company in Blue10 is connected to Business Central. This connection was made when creating a company in Blue10 to be able to retrieve data from the administration, register invoices and match invoices with the corresponding purchase order and receipt(s).
Business Central currently makes use of a username/password authentication method. As of April 2022, Business Central will make use of the certificate-based service-to-service (S2S) authentication method and therefore no longer support the current method to establish the connection. For more information, we refer you to this blog.
- Correction in user roles ‘Beheerder’/ Administrator’
In the past, the user role of an administrator has been used inconsistently in the past, creating two very similar user roles with administrator rights: the ‘Beheerder’ and Administrator. Because of the small difference between these roles, we have decided to make use of one user role with administrator rights. This change can’t be found in the Auditlog, but however, for the purpose of the yearly audit, can be found in Blue10 in:
o The user settings (open via Settings > Users). You currently only see the role Administrator below the header Roles.
o The Users report (download via Settings > Reports). You currently only see the role Administrator.
- Change in invoice registration
Since March 2021, it was mandatory to enter a value in the field VAT code in the Verify screen. This field is related to the invoice registration functionality for registering VAT. Even if you do not use invoice registration, it was a required field. We have implemented a change, the field is no longer visible at default. The invoice registration functionality is available for Business Central users with extension 6.0 or higher.
- The Action ‘approved for payment’ has been added to the invoice history with retroactive effect
We have found an issue regarding purchase invoices where the action ”Approved for payment” has been performed, but has not been recorded in the history of the invoice. For these invoices, the user who performed the action is visible in the column ”Approved for payment” in the Document overview: Purchase. However, after opening an approved invoice, the action that has been performed has not been recorded in the history. We have updated the history of 38 purchase invoices (across all customers). In the history of this invoice you will see: ”This action has been recovered by Blue10 on [/]. For more information check our release notes of February 2022 https://support.blue10.com/release-notes. ” The exact date and time of the moment the action has been performed, is not logged correctly. The date that has been added to the history of the invoice is the date in between the following moments:
- The moment the approver performed the action ‘Approve for payment’;
- The moment the “Unblock Payment” or “Post” action (depending on the workflow) was performed.
- It could occur that while using Microsoft Edge Translate, Blue10’s website was automatically translated and the split screen freezed. The website for the new interface will no longer be automatically translated by a browser language setting, such as Microsoft Edge Translate.
No updates available.
- It was not possible to close the screen after enlarging a document in the Document Classifier. From now on you can click on on the cross sign (x) to exit the screen.
- While validating an invoice it was not possible to enter a negative amount. An error message appeared after entering a minus sign (-). This has been fixed.
- On the documentdetail page: purchase, an empty pop up showed after clicking the button Open Invoice in NAV. After, the invoice opened in NAV. This has been fixed, the invoice opens directly in NAV without a pop up.
- It was not possible to approve an invoice with a foreign currency for users that have a limited approval amount. This was due to a bug in the calculation of the exchange rates. This bug has been solved.
- Administrators in Blue10 are able to change the e-mail adress and language of users again.
- We have improved the appearance of images in Blue10, such as invoices and packing slips. From now on you can also click the image to enlarge it.
- It could occur that data entries were not filled in the field after selecting a value on a purchase invoice in the Verify screen. This has been resolved.
- On the Blue10 dashboard below Import the lines ‘Errors in e-mails received’ are shown again. Before, only the icon with a red cross sign (x) was shown.
- Loading purchase invoices from suppliers with many active purchase orders in the Verify screen has been accelerated.
- A shifted VAT Code is now verified correctly with the VAT percentage in the Verify screen.