For every colleague who has to check, approve or post invoices, a user in Blue10 is required. It is possible to create an unlimited number of users. Every user with the Administrator or Workflow Manager role has the rights to create a new user.
Open user settings
Follow these steps to open the settings in Blue10:
- Via Settings > Users an overview of all users in Blue10 can be accessed.
- After clicking on Users the overview opens:
Create new user
Follow these steps to create a new user:
- Go to Users overview (Settings > Users).
- Click the New User button. A screen opens in which it is possible to create a user with a standard role or more advanced rights (depending on the settings).
Below is the step-by-step process on creating a user, based on a new user with a default role or a new user with advanced rights.
New user (default role)
Follow the steps below to create a new user with a default role:
- Go through the fields below:
- Name: Fill in the First and Last (surname) name of the new user.
- Shortname: Fill in the shortname which you want to use in the Blue10 service.
- E-mail address: Enter the e-mail address of the user here. With this e-mail address the user can log in and the user receives notification e-mails that invoices are ready to process.
- Language: Select the default language of the user here.
- Notification frequency: When invoices are ready to process, a user receives a notification e-mail. Depending on the set frequency, a user can receive a notification e-mail immediately, daily, on workdays, weekly or never.
- Role: Select one of the basic roles here, by doing so the appropriate user rights are given to the new user. The three basic roles are:
- To check: The user can view invoices for checking, forward them to other users and look up previously seen invoices. This is a user who evaluates invoices in terms of content and, for example, checks whether the delivery is correct and whether agreements with the supplier have been fulfilled.
- To post: The user can validate and post invoices. The user is part of the Purchasing Administration and may adjust and delete invoices. User has the search rights ‘View all invoices and send own’.
- Approve for payment: The user is allowed to view all invoices and approve invoices that are with the user himself. In Blue10, the approver is the last person to review an invoice and give final approval for payment. In practice, this is often the director or the members of the management team.
Take a note: If a user is only allowed to agree to the invoice, then this user will receive the role of Checker. Give the Approve for payment or Approver role only to a user who can actually give approval to pay an invoice. Approve for payment can only be made once per invoice, after which this invoice ends up in the Pay list.
- Rights for: Select here to which companies (administrations) the user may have rights.
- Set manager: Select this option if the user can also get administrator rights in Blue10. The user will then see the heading Administration in the menu bar.
- After entering the above rights, click Save. The new user receives an e-mail at the e-mail address entered and is instructed to set a password. After that, the user can log in to Blue10. This is the end of the step-by-step process.
Forgot password. You will now be directed to a new screen where you can enter your e-mail address again. Then click on Send and another new e-mail with a new link will be sent.
New user (advanced rights)
Take a note: As a basis, every user fits within a standard role. If a user does not fit within a standard role, it is possible to set advance permissions. To do this, please send an e-mail to email@example.com so that one of our service desk staff can activate the option.
Follow the steps below to create a new user with advanced rights:
- First complete the standard rights and save them.
- Then click on Rights for. The fields below show additional rights that could be given to a new user when creating their access:
- Active: Set to Yes so that the user has access to Blue10. Set to No if the user is not allowed to access Blue10.
- Selectable: Determine whether the user can choose to send invoices to Blue10. Set to Yes so that the user is eligible and set to No so that the user is not eligible.
Take a note: A user who is not eligible (Eligible = No) but is Active, still has access to Blue10. In this way, the user can view invoices, for example. This is a way to give the accountant access to Blue10.
- Show invoice lines: Set to Yes so that the user always sees the posted invoice lines with an invoice.
- Last notification: Date on which the user last received a notification e-mail.
- Search rights: Determine the search permissions with which the user can retrieve invoices
- Belongs to: A user can be part of a group or another user.
- May edit invoice: Set to Yes if the user is allowed to change attributes of an invoice (even after the recognized data has been validated or posted). Attributes such as; the administration, supplier, invoice number, invoice date and amounts.
Take a note: When you change the characteristics of an invoice that has already been created / posted in the accounting system, you must change these changes both in Blue10 and in the accounting system.
- May delete invoice: Set to Yes if the user is allowed to delete invoices in Blue10.
Take a note: When removing an invoice that has already been created / posted in the accounting system, you must delete this invoice both in Blue10 and in the accounting system.
- Allowed to see confidential invoices: Set to Yes if user can view confidential invoices in Blue10.
- May delete attachments: Set whether the user can delete attachments. Three options:
- No: User may not delete attachments.
- Only own: User can only delete attachments that he/ she has added.
- All: User can delete every attachment with an invoice.
- Maximum approval amount (0 is unlimited): A user with the Approve for payment role has the right to permanently approve an invoice. In this field it is possible to set an approval limit. This limit applies to the amount excluding VAT. A user with approval rights can approve an invoice up to the amount entered in this field.
- Validate batches without company: Possibility to validate invoices for which the company / administration has not yet been recognized.
- Rights to companies: A user can get four different rights per company / administration:
- Access: Every user in Blue10 needs access rights to view and check invoices.
- To post: A user with postment rights can post invoices from Blue10 in the accounting system.
- Approve: A user with approval rights gives final approval for payment.
- Validate: A user with validation rights can validate invoices. Validating is checking the recognized data of an invoice and changing this data if necessary.
- User roles: Een gebruiker kan één of meerdere rollen hebben:
- User: User has access to all components in Blue10
- Alle users (default role): Role that every user needs to view invoices.
- Administrator: Role that allows a user to access the settings in Blue10.
- Scan and validate: User also gets access to Scan prior to validating invoices
- After entering the above rights, click Save. This is the end of the step-by-step process